Become a Fire Sprinkler Apprentice with Rotaflow

Becoming a skilled Fire Sprinkler Apprentice begins with securing an apprenticeship opportunity with Rotaflow. At Rotaflow, we are dedicated to nurturing and training aspiring individuals, offering them hands-on experience that paves the way for a successful fire sprinkler installation and maintenance career. Our apprentices spend approximately 80% of their time actively engaged in practical on-the-job training, working closely under the guidance of certified journeymen or seasoned tradespeople. The remaining 20% of their training involves in-depth technical instruction thoughtfully provided at a reputable college in Alberta.
To attain the esteemed status of a certified journeyman, our apprentices must master the essential theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Certification requirements, including the curriculum and delivery of technical training, are meticulously designed and regularly updated by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board based on the invaluable insights and recommendations of the Sprinkler Systems Installer Provincial Apprenticeship Committee.

The apprenticeship journey for a sprinkler systems installer spans four years, comprising four 12-month periods. During this time, apprentices accumulate at least 1,600 hours of on-the-job training, complemented by seven weeks of comprehensive technical instruction in the initial three years. In the fourth year, apprentices are expected to accrue a minimum of 1,800 hours of on-the-job training, further honing their expertise.

Upon completing the Sprinkler Systems Installer apprenticeship program, graduates emerge as certified journeymen with a profound skillset and knowledge base. These accomplished individuals will have the following capabilities and attributes:

  1. Proficiency in all sprinkler systems installation and maintenance facets, demonstrating their skill and knowledge effectively.
  2. The ability to comprehend fire protection equipment’s unique characteristics and installation requirements, coupled with the skill to interpret plans and specifications.
  3. Competence in calculating material quantities, ensuring efficient project execution.
  4. A strong command of the safe operation and maintenance of hand tools, machinery, and equipment necessary for becoming a skilled journeyman.
  5. Thorough familiarity with the safety protocols and requirements associated with sprinkler installations, prioritizing the well-being of all stakeholders.
  6. Effective collaboration with other trades, seamlessly integrating their work within the broader scope of projects.
  7. Recognition of the myriad supervisory and management opportunities within the sprinkler industry available to those who demonstrate exceptional skills and motivation.
  8. Consistent delivery of assigned tasks under the highest quality and production standards upheld by the industry.

Contact Us

Please note that all forms and emails will be replied to within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, call 780-469-1220.

    At Rotaflow, we are committed to shaping the future of fire sprinkler professionals by providing apprentices with a comprehensive and enriching learning experience. Join us on this journey towards becoming a certified journeyman in the dynamic field of fire sprinkler systems, where your dedication and skills can significantly impact safety and protection.

    Become a Fire Sprinkler Apprentice with Rotaflow

    Become a Fire Sprinkler Apprentice with Rotaflow